Sunday, January 22, 2012

What did we get for Christmas?

A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND!! We decided this year to scale back on Christmas and instead create memories with our children by going to Disneyland at what we hoped was a slow season for the park. Two days before the planned trip we let the children open one present early. It was a homemade coupon for a trip to Disneyland. The two youngest girls screamed with delight. Treygan and Kyra were excited but contained their enthusiasm better than the two little ones. We took my niece Melissa with us. Evan's sisters, Tricia and her family and Jessica and her little one, Gigi also joined us on this trip!
It turned out to be a great time to go to Disneyland. Saturday was still pretty busy so we spent it mostly at California Adventure. Monday it rained and drove away anyone who couldn't handle a little rain. Tricia had previously purchased $1 ponchos so we didn't get suckered into buying the $10 Disney Ponchos! By the afternoon the rain had cleared and we had the park to ourselves. We watched the beautiful show "World of Color" and had front row spots without standing in line or getting Fast Passes.Tuesday was busier at the park but still nothing like we have experienced in our other trips. The park was so beautifully decorated for Christmas. At the end of the night they made it snow. It was really fun. I love Disneyland and reallly enjoyed going at this time of year.






We exhausted the kids, of course. I love this picture of Treygan and his little cousin Preston. Treygan took good care of Preston throughout the vacation. He likes to think of him as the little brother he never had!

4 comments:

Erin said...

So fun! Disneyland at Christmas is the best! I hope you had the tri-tip steak at Ariel's Grotto. SO AMAZING! Miss you!

Karin said...

I am so jealous! We are planning on going this year for Christmas! I'm glad you're blogging again...keep it up!(:

Kay Hinton said...

We just did Disneyworld with Kristen's family. They still the Christmas decorations up. It was SO fun. I agree with you. I hear the week between Christmas and New Years is a nightmare, though.

Pal & Hatty said...

I love your posts and especially all the cute pictures!