Friday, August 15, 2008

It's Official! We are building a new house!

For a few years, Evan and I have been trying to decide if we should leave our wonderful neighborhood and build a home in Elk Ridge. We have wanted a larger home for a while now, (3 girls in one room is just not so much fun anymore), but we love the neighborhood and our friends. However, the desire for a larger home has won the battle. (We hope our friends will still hang out with us!) We visited our lot today and found a very large hole in the ground! We are very excited! As this will be the highlight of our lives for a few months, you might see a few more posts about the house as we progress through this fun project of building a home.

10 comments:

Karin said...

I'm so sad for us, but happy for you! And there is always the retreat to look forward to.(:

Joan Morris said...

We're so happy for you! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Lori said...

It's so great that the process has finally begun! Seeing that picture of the "hole" is so great because it means that you will have a basement! They don't dig too many holes in this part of Colorado. We miss you.

Amy said...

That is fabulous! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Shayla said...

How exciting! You have a hole!!! :)

Kay Hinton said...

Congratulations, Evan and Kelly! I'm so happy for you! Is it close to Patty and Hal's lot?

Toad said...

What a bitter sweet moment. I know you've wanted a new house for so long and I'm so happy for you....but the neighborhood will not be the same without you. It will be fun to see all of your pictures and hear how it's all going. Good Luck!!

J and J Haroldsen said...

YEAH!!! How nice to finally have things going!

Micho said...

It's official. I love houses with lots of space and new. Yummy! But...boohoo for us. Are you going to come work out with me still? I love looking over at you and seeing you bunch the guts out of your bag. It makes me want to try harder, too.

Dustin and Jamie said...

That is very exciting. We all knew this day would come. We will miss you. By the way, I was looking at your girls at church on Sunday and they are GORGEOUS!! You are going to have to watch out for them. Aleeah with her cute curls! so fun.