Monday, April 7, 2008

Look Who's One!


Well I decided to join all my good friends and start a blog. (You win Lori!) I am going to start with Aleeya's first birthday.

Aleeya did not know what to think of all the fuss. She enjoyed having her cousins come and visit her but spent a lot of time just looking at all the people wondering why they were all at our house. We had an Asian dinner with Yoshida chicken, Asian salad and Gyoza (Japanese Potstickers). With the help of the other children, Aleeya opened her presents. Then the most hilarious part of a first year birthday...THE CAKE!

We think Aleeya thought the cake was playdough. She poked at the cake until her hands were covered in frosting. Then she squeezed the frosting through her hands and laughed about it. Finally Evan put some in her mouth and she reacted like "Wow why didn't you tell me this tasted so good!" Then she immediately stuck her WHOLE face into the cake with her mouth open! After that she just devoured the cake. We all stood around her and enjoyed a good laugh. I should have videoed the whole thing. I hope you all enjoy the photos!






6 comments:

Lori said...

I get to be your first fan & commenter...I was just waiting for the email from you letting me know about your blog. :) Miss Aleeya is gorgeous...how is she already one??
We miss you!

J and J Haroldsen said...

What a cute baby...and yes I am definitely jealous of her hair. But come on...what girl doesn't like chocolate? I guess you were probably considering her big sister. Happy Birthday Aleeya!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I am so happy you started a blog!! I wish I could have been there!! Maybe in two years... at the compound!

So many blogs..too little time said...

Cute blog!! Oh my look how cute aleeya is. I am not a fan of arranged marriages but maybe I'll change my mind;)

Kay Hinton said...

I hope you don't mind me wandering onto your blog. I am so excited you are bloggers and those are the cutest birthday pictures I've ever seen. Now I can keep up with your darling family!!!!!

Shonna said...

Those pics are very fun! I'm also finding my way into your blog--it's been a while since I've seen you guys. It looks like you're doing well.